The Court has jurisdiction to hear and determine:
- Disputes on the interpretation and application of the Treaty.
- Disputes between the Community and its employees arising from the terms and conditions of employment or the interpretation and application of the staff rules and regulations
- Disputes between the Partner States regarding the Treaty if the dispute is submitted to it under a special agreement
- Disputes arising out of an arbitration clause contained in a contract or agreement which confers such jurisdiction on the Court to which the Community or any of its institutions is a party
- Disputes arising out of an arbitration clause contained in a commercial contract or agreement in which the parties have conferred jurisdiction on the Court
- The jurisdiction of the Court may be extended to human rights at a suitable date to be determined by the Council